Aluminium frame systems are experiencing a boom in sales as a result of high performance without any compromise on aesthetics, according to Reynaers at Home Head Hugh Moss.
Architects have long-recognised that aluminium is a very stable material that minimises expansion and contraction with changes in the ambient temperature.
Hugh Moss said: “This makes aluminium an ideal choice for sliding patio doors and bi-fold doors, where uPVC and timber tend to warp and twist, making the doors hard to open and close. Aluminium is inherently strong, which also means that architects can design really big windows and doors without having to worry about a bulky frame to provide support.
“Not only are aluminium frames typically narrower than uPVC or timber alternatives, but the aluminium windows and doors can also be made much bigger too. This maximises the glass area and gives the best possible view. According to our latest architects’ survey, 40% of respondents said that big windows was the main architectural feature that can really make a home come to life and aluminium can help to make that happen much more easily than other materials.”
Robert Palmer, the managing director of Palmer Market Research, said: “Aluminium is out-performing other materials for bifold doors by some margin – the sales of around 3,000 door sets in 2010 more than tripled to 10,000 in 2013 and is expected to triple again in the next five years – and these are conservative estimates.”
There are hundreds of finishes available for aluminium frames in all sorts of colours – some customers even choose to have a different colour inside and out. Modern finishes are so robust that they require minimal maintenance and never need repainting.
What’s more, aluminium is three times lighter than steel and two and a half times stronger than uPVC, as well as being an abundant material that is 100% recyclable without any loss of quality.
Hugh Moss said: “With these benefits it’s little wonder that aluminium is the material of choice for a growing number of architects and home owners alike.”
Reynaers at Home is a premium brand dedicated to offering the very best architectural glazing products and service to the discerning householder. For more information see the website www.reynaers.hblo.ws, email email@example.com or call 0121 421 9707.
Notes to Editors:
- Reynaers at Home products are crafted from aluminium, a superior material for self build windows and doors, sliding doors, bi-fold doors, sliding patio doors, conservatories and a host of other glazing products. The Reynaers at Home product range can be used in new home construction, as well as in extensions and renovations. All products are available in various styles and in a wide range of colours.
- Reynaers at Home offers an extensive support and training service for its partners in the domestic marketplace, including fabricators, installers, architects and builders.
- Reynaers at Home provides its own Dedicated Support Team – design support, architectural support, CAD, estimation, customer service and lead generation.
- Reynaers at Home is based in Birmingham, with a growing network of approved suppliers and installers across the UK. Visit, www.reynaers.hblo.ws
- Reynaers at Home is part of the family-owned parent company Reynaers Aluminium, which was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Duffel, Belgium.
- Reynaers at Home satisfies the international ISO 9001:2000 quality standard. In addition, it also has the following accreditations: ISO 14001, ISO 16001, ISO 50001, Secured By Design, Achilles, BM TRADA.
- Reynaers at Home is headed by industry expert Hugh Moss, who is available for media interviews.
Need professional advice on design, specification or installation?
We have a network of carefully selected Partners who will help guide you through your home transformation process.