This forest home near Holsbeek, in Leuven, Belgium, embraces the environment in which it stands, resulting in a beautiful – and peaceful – house.
Its large panoramic windows and doors offer uninterrupted views of the surrounding woodland and the hills beyond.
Designed by Architects DMOA, Heverlee, and Fabricator Janssens-Peeters, Rillaar, this home features an unusual partially submerged walled patio. At the same time it welcomes in maximum light, thanks to the skylights and large expanses of glass on opposing walls which offer unobstructed views of the hills and forest.
Thanks largely to a variety of aluminium window and doors from Reynaers at Home, the house makes the most of its location in terms of views and light with the boundaries between inside and outside being blurred. The architect has created a building that responds to rather than competes with its location, while the clients have a house where they can spend as much time outside as inside.
The main living room spans the house, providing open plan sitting, dining and kitchen areas. Using a combination of Reynaers at Home CP 155-LS large sliding patio doors and Reynaers at Home CS 77 fixed windows, DMOA was able to incorporate the spacious atrium as part of the living area, which leads through to a swimming pool.
CS 77 has been awarded the coveted Swiss Minergie accreditation and is a thermally-broken, multi-chambered system for windows and doors that offers excellent levels of security, weather resistance and thermal insulation. It offers a comprehensive range of inward- and outward-opening window and door designs that are available in a range of three different styles, making it ideal for both traditional and contemporary building designs.
Combined with a huge choice of colours and finishes, and the ability to specify a different colour inside and out, the CS 77 can be specified to complement almost any home. It not only looks stylish but is also a great all-round performer in terms of thermal insulation, weather resistance and security:
• Whole window U-values as low as 0.94 W/m2K
• Up to 600Pa air tightness
• Up to 900Pa water tightness
• Up to 2000Pa wind load resistance
• WK2 and even WK3security with UK Secured By Design Security, PAS 24:2012 or BS7950 dependent on window type.
Reynaers at Home is a premium brand dedicated to offering the very best architectural glazing products and service to the discerning householder. For more information see the website www.reynaersathome.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 0121 421 9707.
Notes to Editors:
- Reynaers at Home products are crafted from aluminium, a superior material for self build windows and doors, sliding doors, bi-fold doors, sliding patio doors, conservatories and a host of other glazing products. The Reynaers at Home product range can be used in new home construction, as well as in extensions and renovations. All products are available in various styles and in a wide range of colours.
- Reynaers at Home offers an extensive support and training service for its partners in the domestic marketplace, including fabricators, installers, architects and builders.
- Reynaers at Home provides its own Dedicated Support Team – design support, architectural support, CAD, estimation, customer service and lead generation.
- Reynaers at Home is based in Birmingham, with a growing network of approved suppliers and installers across the UK. Visit,www.reynaersathome.co.uk
- Reynaers at Home is part of the family-owned parent company Reynaers Aluminium, which was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Duffel, Belgium.
- Reynaers at Home satisfies the international ISO 9001:2000 quality standard. In addition, it also has the following accreditations: ISO 14001, ISO 16001, ISO 50001, Secured By Design, Achilles, BM TRADA.
- Reynaers at Home is headed by industry expert Hugh Moss, who is available for media interviews.