Reynaers at Home is leading the way with its long-standing ‘Secured by Design’ accreditation across a range of its aluminium windows and doors. The systems company has planned well ahead of the forthcoming deadline, which requires all new builds to be PAS 24:2012 compliant.
In 2014, the Government announced the October 2015 timeframe to deliver a simplified system for setting standards in the design and construction of new homes.
Reynaers at Home has one of the broadest ranges of window, door and sliding doors systems that have achieved the desirable Secured by Design ‘Police Preferred Specification’, ensuring that these products fall within the requirements of the British Standard Publication PAS 24:2012. Reynaers’ CS 86-HI, for example, is a multi-chamber system for windows and doors that combines aesthetic design, optimal stability and high thermal comfort. Due to the insulating skeleton strips, CS 86-HI+ achieves Uf-values down to 1.0 W/m²K, making this a highly energy efficient system. Flexible expansion strips in the door vents ensure stability in all conditions.
The system provides inside opening windows and inside and outside opening flush doors (up to 3 meters). CS 86-HI doors offer different types of floor connections to meet acoustic, thermal and water requirements. Both doors and windows within the CS 86 range have been accredited so homeowners can be safe in the knowledge that Reynaers at Home’s architectural glazing products not only offer beautiful designs, but also top security.
Technical Director at Reynaers John McComb said: “The government has given security of new homes serious consideration within building regulations, with the publication of Approved Document Q.
“Our products have been specifically designed to offer an extremely high level of security for homeowners. These systems enable door and window manufacturers to fabricate products that can be certified to PAS24:2012. This now exceeds the requirements of Approved Document Q and meets the Secured by Design requirements.
“Our hugely experienced product development team go to great lengths to ensure that our products meet and exceed the latest standards.”
Richard Childs, Managing Director at Secured by Design, said: “Independent research shows that the principles of Secured by Design have been proven to achieve a reduction of crime risk by up to 75%. Reynaers has shown a strong commitment to architects by getting these systems tested and certificated.”
To see a full list of Reynaers’ SBD-accredited products and fabricators visit the profile page here.
Reynaers at Home is a premium brand dedicated to offering the very best architectural glazing products and service to the discerning householder. For more information, see the website www.reynaersathome.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 0121 421 9707.
Notes to Editors:
- Reynaers at Home products are crafted from aluminium, a superior material for self build windows and doors, sliding doors, bi-fold doors, sliding patio doors, conservatories and a host of other glazing products. The Reynaers at Home product range can be used in new home construction, as well as in extensions and renovations. All products are available in various styles and in a wide range of colours.
- Reynaers at Home offers an extensive support and training service for its partners in the domestic marketplace, including fabricators, installers, architects and builders.
- Reynaers at Home provides its own Dedicated Support Team – design support, architectural support, CAD, estimation, customer service and lead generation.
- Reynaers at Home is based in Birmingham, with a growing network of approved suppliers and installers across the UK. Visit, www.reynaersathome.co.uk
- Reynaers at Home is part of the family-owned parent company Reynaers Aluminium, which was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Duffel, Belgium.
- Reynaers at Home satisfies the international ISO 9001:2008 quality standard. In addition, it also has the following accreditations: ISO 14001, ISO 16001, ISO 50001, Secured By Design, Achilles, BM TRADA.
- Reynaers at Home is headed by industry expert Hugh Moss, who is available for media interviews.